Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sketch installation - Responsive

Concept

I want to expand on the idea of the creation of a centralized altar and how it can facilitate the interaction and the responsiveness of the space. I am hoping to use my Arduino along with my Parallax RFID reader and embed them into my altar. I want to then take multiple RFID tags and embed those into different objects that I will place around the room. These objects will hopefully be discovered within the space and in the viewers exploration, I would hope that they would place the object onto this central altar. I want to use a space that I can project onto all or at least three of the walls. Each object, when placed on the altar, will change all projected images simultaneously. In doing so it will completely change the mood and atmosphere. I want the element of discovery to be the biggest take away.

Space
I want to use Room 206 or the white installation room. With the grid and the white walls, it serves as a great canvas for a totally immersive space. I will center my altar in the west 2/3 of the space and project on the far three walls.


What actually happened.

I ended up using my Makey Makey instead of my Arduino. It suited the time sensative nature of the sketch and still helped me realize how this would work would one day evolve. I also used a ionic column cap that I bought at an estate sale for like 5 bucks and topped it with part of an old water fountain that I disassembled. I filled the inside of the water fountain with foam and embedded into the foam was washers placed in a really specific pattern. These washers have cables that are tied to them on one end and the other ends are plugged into different ports in the Makey Makey.







installed



No comments:

Post a Comment