Sunday, December 15, 2013

Response to Darren

Response to Darren Lorenzi
This was a nice way to address defining a space within a public space. By using the caution tape you created a boundary that was meant for people to view from the perimeter but not to engage. In this you are setting your own parameters for the public space and in doing so dictating the mood and feel by using caution tape. The way that the tape was put up was a bit careless because blue painters tape was used and it caused a bit of a deviation from the read of the overall piece. I liked the attempt to project the MJ silhouette onto your body and it was a shame that there wasn't proper equipment available to in the EQ to make that happen. I do have to say that I didn't hate the video projected on the screen though. It made the text easier to read and I was able to make out the fact that the text were occupations. This enabled me to dig a little deeper into your concept and understand that this is an internal struggle as opposed to a portrayal of someone else's struggle. The image of Michael Jordan was interesting to see as a body outline and I wonder if that projection might have been better suited on the ground within the space. This way I would be able to read the chalk outline as a person that is no longer with us. This was a nice exploration of your previous sketch and I think that you are starting find a comfort zone of incorporating yourself into your own work. Nice work on this installation and I am looking forward to see what you make next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment